As we get ready to motor full steam ahead into the summer of 2008 movie season, it’s also that time for predictions and guess work to start abounding. Entertainment Weekly apparently just put out it’s list of how they see the top 10 money grossing movies of the summer will be. I thought it would be fun to put it up and then see how it compares with my own predictions.
The EW report forcasts that the box office break down will look something like this:
1. Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (355.9 million)
2. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (310.8 million)
3. Hancock (280.4 million)
4. Wall-E (280.3 million)
5. Iron Man (267.7 million)
6. The Dark Knight (255.0 million)
7. Kung Fu Panda (244.6 million)
8. The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (176.5 million)
9. The Incredible Hulk (147.2 million)
10. Tropic Thunder (146.6 million)
So how does that list hold up against mine? I’m not bothering with dollar figures, but here’s how I think it will shake out:
1) Indiana Jones 4 – It will also end up being the top grossing movie of the year.
2) Iron Man – It’s also been marketed perfectly. This thing will make a mint
3) Wall-E – Pixar is hard to bet against
4) Prince Caspian
5) The Dark Knight
6) Hancock – I’ve given up underestimating how well Will Smith movies do
7) The Incredible Hulk
8) The Mummy 3
9) Hellboy 2
10) Kung Fu Panda
So enough of what I think… how do YOU see the summer of 2008 box office shaking down? Put your predictions and lists in the comments section.