A couple of years ago I came across this fun little list of 40 things that only ever really happen in the movie world. I was reminded of it today by the good folks over at Cinematical (who I guess just came across it today). Well… I’m glad they did. Here are some of my favorite things on the list:
5. Any lock can be picked with a credit card or paperclip in seconds. UNLESS it’s the door to a burning building with a child inside.
11. Any police officer about to retire from the force will more often than not die on their last day (especially if their family have planned a party). (Caveat: Detectives can only solve a case after they have been suspended from duty).
13. If staying in a haunted house, women should investigate any strange noises wearing their most revealing underwear.
21. Cars will explode instantly when struck by a single bullet.
24. The ventilation system of any building is the perfect hiding place. Nobody will ever think of looking for you in there and you can travel to any other part of the building undetected.
25. You will survive any battle in any war UNLESS you show someone a picture of your sweetheart back home.
31. Plain or even ugly girls can become movie star pretty simply by removing their glasses and rearranging their hair.
35. During all police investigations it will be necessary to visit a strip club at least once.
There are a bunch of other really good ones. You can go check out the list here